Online CPR/AED/First-Aid Class
Asking to Give First Aid
When you come upon an ill or injured person, and they are responsive, introduce yourself as a first aid provider and ask if you may help them before touching them. Everyone has the right to refuse first aid.
Ask if you can help:
- ● If they agree, provide first aid.
- ● If they refuse, call 9-1-1 and stay with them until help arrives.
- ● If they are confused or cannot answer, assume they want help and provide first aid.
In every emergency, follow these steps:
- ● Assess the scene
- ● Phone for help
- ● Take universal precautions
- ● Find the problem
- ● Protect the person’s privacy
Instructor: Mike Figuero
Publish Date: 2018-04-02
Last Updated: 2020-07-18